As a company that adopted Home Office right even before the Covid-19 pandemic started, BISS believes in the motto of
"Work where you are happy at!".
Requirements for Home Office
- Completion of the probation period (2 months) for new joiners
- If your project is suitable for remote working
- You are not connected to a physical device -don’t worry, BISS VPN saves the day for such situations most of the time-
- Approval of your project teammates
- Having a registered and approved home address on BISS ERP (the address where you will make your home office)
If you meet the above requirements, there are no obstacles to creating a home office form.
PS: It is not a requirement, but we recommend that you do not go through a process that requires pair programming. Because pair-programming sessions are much more efficient when they are side by side in the office :)
About the Home Office Form
The home office form is a form where you let your teammates know where you will be working on the next working day. It should only be sent between 06:00 and 15:00 on the working day when you are going to make a home office.
- A home office form can always be created on the current working day for the next working day.
- Example: A home office form can be sent for Monday(May 23), between 06:00 and 15:00 on Friday (May 20).
- Example: A home office form can be sent for Friday, May 20 between 06:00 and 15:00 on Wednesday, May 18 (as Thursday, May 19, is a public holiday)
- Example: Let’s assume that Monday(July 4), Tuesday(July 5) and Wednesday(July 6) are public holidays, in this case, in order to create a home office form for Thursday(July 7), You need to create the home office form on the previous working day, which is Friday, July 1st between 06:00 to 15:00.
- Example: To create a home office form for Wednesday (August 3), it is sufficient to create a home office form on Tuesday, August 2, between 06:00 and 15:00. (Assuming August 2-3 is Tuesday and Wednesday and not holidays but PTOs of the employee.)
Creating a Home Office Form
- You must have a registered/confirmed home address on BISS ERP. (Can be added with
My Account/My Addresses/Add)
- Click the
My Home Office Formbutton on the Home Office page between 06:00 and 15:00 on the working day before the day you work from home, select your approved address to make your home office and click the create button. That is all!
Home Office Rules
- BISS expects you to be reachable by your team between 10:00 and 16:00, you can use flexible working hours for all remaining hours. In summary, as BISS, we are not interested in what time zone you work outside of core working hours.
- Do not forget that if you need to leave your registered address for a while during working hours, you must inform your teammates and BISS.
PS: Since you are not in the office, don’t forget to catch up with all the jokes made on the Google Chat channel called
Why So Serious? :)
Do not hesitate to contact us for any question!